Sunday, May 31, 2009

Grocery Budget

I haven't posted my weekly grocery spending & menu in a long time. (I haven't posted anything in a long time!) This week I spent $58.36 for the following dinners:

  • Petey Mac with a salad that will have lots of fresh veggies on it. Petey Mac is a take on Mr. Classical's favorite boyhood dinner. It's sort of a cross between baked ziti and macaroni and cheese and it is topped with crispy bacon. Mr. Classical thinks of this nostalgic meal as the ultimate comfort food.
  • Indian lentils with curry and brown rice. Broccoli with raisins and hot bacon vinaigrette.
  • Lemon-parsley pork chops with kale and butter beans.
  • Tequila-lime grilled chicken with fresh veggie salsa and tortilla chips.
  • Ground beef curry with peas and basmati rice. These are little, flavorful, herb-spiked meatballs in a curry sauce. Mmmmm!
The package of chicken and ground beef I had in the freezer from previous sales. For lunches we'll have sandwiches, yogurts, crackers, cheeses, veggies, fruits, pasta salads, etc. Breakfast will be oatmeal, eggs, whole grain pancakes, etc. I come in way under my $100 weekly budget this time around. However I plan on running back to the store for a few items that I forgot I needed such as plastic wrap and plastic bags. Why didn't I write these down!?

No comments: