Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Leftover London Broil


Leftover London Broil
Originally uploaded by classicalmichele.
I have leftover grilled steak so I'm making an Asian Beef Salad. I love this meal & thought I'd share it.

Asian Beef Salad

For the salad layer:

Chopped, fresh spinach leaves
Any combo of: snow peas, broccoli, string beans, red peppers


For the noodle layer:

Cooked thin spaghetti or rice noodles
Sesame seeds, toasted
Cilantro
Cashews
Olive oil (or sesame)

For the dressing:

1/4c lime juice
1/4c soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic (or more!)
1/3c olive oil
1/2t sesame oil (if you have it)
1/2t minced ginger

For the beef:

Leftover sliced steak OR;
Steak marinated in lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and cilantro, then grilled & sliced


So here's what you do: Mix up the salad ingredients. Toss them with enough dressing to coat. Plate them. Toss the noodles with the noodle ingredients & enough oil to prevent sticking. Plate noodles on top of salad. Place the sliced steak on top of noodles. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and/or cashews. Pass extra dressing on the side.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I gave it a try and it was delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I linked to this post over at my blog.

Yum!